These photos of Dora High School appear to have been taken sometime in the 1920s or 1930s. This red brick schoolhouse was built in 1921 to replace the original 1903 main wooden structure, and served as both the elementary school (six grades) and high school (five grades).
The twelfth grade had been added by 1925, and the school was accredited by the State in the school year 1926-27. Although modern times and advances in technology, equipment and were still many decades away, the school had brilliant vision and daring that they instilled in their students. Using the building, materials, and staff available, Dora High School made great leaps in education and strides towards the future.