This undated photo is of Mt. Vernon Baptist Church in Curry. Located ten miles northeast of Jasper, Mt. Vernon Baptist Church was once a part of the Blooming Grove Church and community. W.E. Williams donated two acres of land for a church at its present site on Curry Highway 257. The building was constructed in 1942 and has been remodeled several times. In 1972 a new sanctuary was built, followed by a new family life center in 1987.